Deedy.com Blog

Look up Deedy in Websters Dictionary and you will see the following definition - \Deed"y\, a. Industrious; active. [R.] --Cowper. But to me Deedy is simply my last name and not a very common one at that. My Father always said "find yourself in a strange city? Open a phone book, find a Deedy and give them a call - chances are they are a relative." So, for all the Deedy's out there hello and welcome.


Gathering Update

As of today, Friday August 29, I have a headcount of 81. My absolute deadline for the DCU Center is Monday September 1 - I have to have my final payment in the mail and at that point the count will be locked (no more additions or subtractions).

Our current count of 81 means we have officially outgrown the original meeting room and I have now upgraded us to the Jr. Ballroom. It is located on the 3rd floor of the DCU Center, and as you can see in the image (click on image to see larger) the Jr. Ballroom is tucked around a corner. There should be signs to direct you, but just in case I thought I would post the diagram.

You should be able to park on the street around the center (I have been told that parking meters are free on Sunday) or in either of the two nearby parking garages (directions and parking info here). There is a drop-off area at the main entrance to the center and accessable parking spaces are nearby and marked.

Note: Some people on the maternal side of my family (Sullivan for example) have contacted me about this Gathering. Just to be clear, this is for the paternal side of my family (McDonough's, Deedy's and those that branch from there). I apologize if my posts about the Sullivan's and Austin's caused any confusion. More Sullivan, Austin, (and other branches) information will be forth coming and a Gathering just for that side will be planned sometime in the future.

Labels:

0 Responses to “Gathering Update”

Post a Comment


Web Deedy.com

120x90_familyhist_dark_1.gif


XML

Powered by Blogger

free webpage hit counter



© 2008 Deedy.com Blog | Deedy.com
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.