Deedy.com Blog

Look up Deedy in Websters Dictionary and you will see the following definition - \Deed"y\, a. Industrious; active. [R.] --Cowper. But to me Deedy is simply my last name and not a very common one at that. My Father always said "find yourself in a strange city? Open a phone book, find a Deedy and give them a call - chances are they are a relative." So, for all the Deedy's out there hello and welcome.


St. John's Cemetery Map

Just a few more weeks until the September 7th Gathering and I am working hard to get everything I need to accomplish done. If I seem to be slowing down on my blog posts that is because I am busy preparing for the event. Don't worry, I will have lots more family history findings to share once things calm down a bit.

If you are coming to the Gathering, a morning tour of the St. John's Cemetery is planned at 9:00 AM. This will be before the 10:00 AM event start at the DCU Center. Since both the McDonough's and the Deedy's lived in Worcester, many family member graves can be found at St. John's Cemetery. As time passes, we can sometimes forget just where everyone is resting. I created this St. John's Cemetery Map to mark the family graves I am aware of. Please print out the map and bring it with you.

The cemetery is located on a busy street near an active intersection. I provided some directions on the print-out, but you may want to MapQuest specific directions from your starting point and follow those.

I have asked my Father, Tom Deedy, to lead the tour. I may or may not be there depending on how much set-up is required at the DCU center. The tour will start at #1 on the map and continue around the cemetery, ending at #7. Some graves are within easy walking distance of each other, while others will require you to drive. Try to carpool if you can to minimize the number of vehicles and remember to wear sensible shoes.

At each grave we plan to lay flowers, say a small prayer, and share any information or stories about those interred. If you are aware of any graves I have missed, please let me know!

Labels:

0 Responses to “St. John's Cemetery Map”

Post a Comment


Web Deedy.com

120x90_familyhist_dark_1.gif


XML

Powered by Blogger

free webpage hit counter



© 2008 Deedy.com Blog | Deedy.com
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.