Deedy.com Blog

Look up Deedy in Websters Dictionary and you will see the following definition - \Deed"y\, a. Industrious; active. [R.] --Cowper. But to me Deedy is simply my last name and not a very common one at that. My Father always said "find yourself in a strange city? Open a phone book, find a Deedy and give them a call - chances are they are a relative." So, for all the Deedy's out there hello and welcome.


Searching for other Deedy blogs

While searching for other Deedy blogs I ran across this one by Katie Deedy in New York. Since the Deedy clan is spread around quite a bit now I, at first, was not sure if I could identify this particular Deedy. But after seeing this little snippet I finally figured out who this one must be...

The only reason I was born is because my mom and dad both worked at Davidson's (aka: Macy's) in the late 70's. Mom worked at the make-up counter, and dad worked in accounting, Every day he would visit her at lunch and ask her out, and every day she would say no. Finally, one afternoon after my dad had gotten his wisdom teeth taken out, he stopped by my mom's counter and asked her again. She felt so bad for him and his swollen face, she said yes. And so: ultimately we have my dad's teeth to thank. Right? Kinda. Unless you go further back to my family in Cuba. Had the First Baptist Church of Decatur not taken my mother, aunt and grandparents in in 1963, then my mother would never have lived in GA, but most likely Miami. If my grandfather hadn't worked in the black market and Cuban Underground against Fidel, my family wouldn't have needed to leave so quickly. If Fidel had never risen to power, my family would have probably never left Cuba.

Katie must be one of Sean and Carmen's daughters (Sean is my cousin - son of my uncle Justin). Always good to know you can find a Deedy on the information superhighway.

3 Responses to “Searching for other Deedy blogs”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I feel like I HIT THE JACKPOT ! I've been trying to find other "DEEDY'S" for many, many years. Tonight, just for the heck of it I typed in (search) Deedy.com & I'm still in shock that I found your Blog. I'm Diane Deedy, born in New York to Jim & Mary Deedy, settled in PA., have 2 sisters & I'd love to hear from anyone out there who may know others in my family.  

  2. # Blogger ktdd

    I'm Katie Deedy, and it's so awesome you found me! I'm living in Brooklyn right now...have been for the last 2 years. I'm marrying a Texan in March and will soon become Katie Robison...but will always be a Deedy at heart!  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Diane!
    Looks like you aren't the only Diane Deedy: it's my name too! We're in CT. Small world, huh?

    Congrats Katie on your upcoming marriage!
    Diane  

Post a Comment


Web Deedy.com

120x90_familyhist_dark_1.gif


XML

Powered by Blogger

free webpage hit counter



© 2008 Deedy.com Blog | Deedy.com
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.