Deedy.com Blog

Look up Deedy in Websters Dictionary and you will see the following definition - \Deed"y\, a. Industrious; active. [R.] --Cowper. But to me Deedy is simply my last name and not a very common one at that. My Father always said "find yourself in a strange city? Open a phone book, find a Deedy and give them a call - chances are they are a relative." So, for all the Deedy's out there hello and welcome.


Bartholomew Joseph McDonough

The family history search continues. Finding the time to analyze the finds and then post about them is the hard part for me lately. Life is very busy! Enough excuses from me, here is the latest:

You may recall that Thomas McDonough (my great-grandfather) obituary revealed that he had siblings. One of whom was named Bartholomew. I was able to locate Bartholomew's grave in Worcester.

Unfortunately I was stopped at that point. You would think a name like Bartholomew McDonough would be fairly unique. I had hoped that uniqueness would help me locate a Naturalization record for him.

I did find paperwork for the Naturalization in Worcester in 1918 of a
Bartholomew Joseph McDonough born 1887 in Sligo, Ireland. Now this Bartholomew can't possibly be the brother of Thomas - he is far too young. But could he be a nephew?

Labels:

1 Responses to “Bartholomew Joseph McDonough”

  1. # Anonymous Tom Quinn

    Jane: This Bartholomew is indeed my "Uncle Bartley." I have a copy of his WWI draft registration card, indicating that he was born September 19, 1887. He was my grandfather Patrick's brother. It appears that you may be looking at a generation before my grandfather's, which makes sense, as I believe that Thomas McDonough was here well before my grandfather Patrick arrived. I'm not sure if Thomas was a cousin, uncle, or other relation, but it appears unlikely that he was a sibling, unless I misunderstand the dates.  

Post a Comment


Web Deedy.com

120x90_familyhist_dark_1.gif


XML

Powered by Blogger

free webpage hit counter



© 2008 Deedy.com Blog | Deedy.com
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.