Deedy.com Blog

Look up Deedy in Websters Dictionary and you will see the following definition - \Deed"y\, a. Industrious; active. [R.] --Cowper. But to me Deedy is simply my last name and not a very common one at that. My Father always said "find yourself in a strange city? Open a phone book, find a Deedy and give them a call - chances are they are a relative." So, for all the Deedy's out there hello and welcome.


Another photo and a request...

Katie McCarthy Dolan was kind enough to send me this undated photo of a family gathering (you can click on photo to see larger). Below I copied the photo and numbered the individuals. She identified each of the people pictured. You can see that #9, Katie's grandmother, is Louise McDonough McCarthy - so Katie's grandmother was my grandmother's older sister!

1. Josephine (Johanna) McCarthy
2. Granger (Ed ?)
3. Jack Bean
4. Michael Aloysius McCarthy
5. Nona McCarthy
6. Marie McCarthy Halpin
7. Peg Lawler
8. Johanna Healy
9. Louise McDonough McCarthy

Now, we are all familiar with the McDonough clan family photo. But I have a problem. I don't know how to match up all the faces with the names. Specifically, I don't know which of the young McDonough girls is Katie's grandmother Louise. If you can fill in the blanks please do so in the comments. Here is the numbered group photo with the people I am 100% sure of identified:

1. Mary Loftus McDonough
2. Thomas McDonough
3. Mary McDonough O'Leary
4. Patrick McDonough
5. Katherine McDonough Kennedy
6. Ann McDonough Fay
7. Margaret McDonough Barry
8. Agnes McDonough Thompson
9. Sarah McDonough Ahern
10. Louise McDonough McCarthy
11. Eva McDonough Burgess
12. Grace McDonough Deedy

So I need to know which numbers to put beside the following girls names: Katherine McDonough Kennedy, Sara McDonough Ahern, Margaret McDonough Barry, Ann McDonough Fay, Louise McDonough McCarthy, and Agnes McDonough Thompson. If you can help please leave a comment. Thank you!

Update: Thanks to Mary Kennedy Dean we now have the missing numbers filled in. Thanks Mary!

Labels:

2 Responses to “Another photo and a request...”

  1. # Blogger kennedysisters

    Just grabbed my copy of the portrait off the wall! so here goes:

    3 = Mary = Aunt Mame (O'Leary).
    5 = Katherine = Aunt Kate (Kennedy)
    6 = Ann (Fay)
    7 = Margaret = Aunt Mar (Barry
    8 = Agnes (Thompson)
    10 = Louise = Aunt Lou (McCarthy)


    I worked for many years for MaryJane (Kennedy) Gaiting's husband Dan. Your dad would definitely remember him. Anyway Dan was a sweet guy who was a silent observer of the McDonough clan from the late '30s on. He told me countless stories about the family. They were quite the gang and were never, ever boring. His particular favorite was Marion, daughter of Mame...Incredible!

    Mary Kennedy Dean  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Im curious to find out who made this website, I have that picture with my nana in it(Nancy) hanging on the wall in my parents house(Nancy Wagner). My email is laurxj@aol.com This is laurie, Nancy's daughter  

Post a Comment


Web Deedy.com

120x90_familyhist_dark_1.gif


XML

Powered by Blogger

free webpage hit counter



© 2008 Deedy.com Blog | Deedy.com
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.